Do you want to taste the latest Android 4.4 KitKat on your HTC One? But you did not get the official update. Don’t worry you can install Custom ROM based on Android 4.4 Kitkat. Here in this article, you can learn How to Update HTC One to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Using Smasher X Custom ROM.
This process may void your device warranty. We are not responsible for any damage occur to your device.
Checklist Before Installing Custom ROM
- Your Phone must be rooted and you must install the latest CWM/TWRP before you update.
- You must Unlock the Bootloader of your HTC Device.
- Your Phone must be 80% charge at least.
- You must backup all your important data.
- USB Debugging must be On in your device ( To turn it on navigate to Settings>>Manage Application>>Development>>USB Debugging ).
Downloads to Install Custom ROM
Download these files and transfer them to SD Card of your phone.
Guide to Update HTC One to Android 4.4 KitKat Using CM11 Custom ROM
Step 1: Boot Into Recovery Mode
- Power Off Your Device and wait till it completely turns off.
- Press and hold Volume DOWN + Power Button together. When the screen turns on release the power button but keep holding Volume key. Now you will get into Bootloader mode.
- Now press Volume down key and highlight Recovery option. Then press power key to reboot into recovery mode.
Note: In recovery mode, you can use Volume keys to move up and down and power key to select.
Step 2: Creating Nandroid Backup
Note: It’s a optional process but very important. As anything goes wrong you can restore to the original state.
- Go to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
Step 3: Cleaning up Device
Note: This process will delete all your apps and settings.
- Select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset then confirm it.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition then confirm it.
Step 4: Flashing ROM
- To flash ROM select Install ZIP then Chose ZIP from SD Card. Then browse your ROM file and select it.
Step 5: Flashing Gapps
- To flash Gapps select Install ZIP then Chose ZIP from SD Card. Then browse your Gapps file and select it.
Step 6: Rebooting
- Now from the recovery menu chose Reboot System Now.
Congratulation! You have successfully flash the Android 4.4 KitKat ROM on your HTC One.
Note: If your device gets stuck or freeze at logo while rebooting. Then do the Factory Reset.
As such it is very easy to install Android 4.4 KitKat ROM in HTC One using the above process. But still, if you have any problem. Ask it in Comments.