Flashing a custom ROM is a common thing nowadays. For installing Custom Rom you first need to install a Custom Recovery. CWM and TWRP are the two most popular custom recovery. This two recovery really make your work easy. But you must know the proper functionality or method to install and use these recoveries to flash custom Rom on your Android device.
This process may void your device warranty. We are not responsible for any damage occur to your device.
Checklist Before Installing Custom ROM
- Your Phone must be rooted and you must install the latest CWM/TWRP recovery before you update.
- Your Phone must be 80% charge at least.
- You must back up all your important data.
- USB Debugging must be On in your device ( To turn it on navigate to Settings>>Manage Application>>Development>>USB Debugging ).
Downloads to Install Custom ROM
Download these files and transfer them to SD Card of your phone.
ROM File: Search for the ROM file for your device
Gapps File: Download the Gapps file for your ROM
How to Flash a ROM using TWRP on Android
Step 1: Boot Into Recovery Mode
- Power Off Your Device and wait till it completely turns off.
- Press and Hold Volume Up+Home+ Power Button together to land your phone in Recovery mode.
Step 2: Creating Nandroid Backup
Note: It’s a optional process but very important. As anything goes wrong you can restore to the original state.
- Tap Backup and Select all Check Boxes and then Swipe to Confirm backup.
Step 3: Cleaning up Device
Note: This process will delete all your apps and settings.
- Tap on Wipe then Tap on Factory Reset then Swipe to confirm Factory Reset. Tap Back
- Tap Cache then Swipe to Confirm. Tap Back.
- Tap System then Swipe to Confirm. Tap Back.
Step 4: Installing ROM
- Tap on Install. Browse your ROM Zip File. Tap on it. Then Swipe to Confirm Flashing.
Step 5: Flashing Gapps
- Tap on Install. Browse your Gapps Zip File. Tap on it. Then Swipe to Confirm Flashing.
Step 6: Rebooting
- Go Back then Tap on Reboot then tap on System to reboot your phone.
That’s it. You successfully flashed a custom ROM on your device.